If you have been sexually assaulted please contact your nearest Centre Against Sexual Assault. In Victoria, phone 1800 806 292. In the rest of Australia phone 1800 RESPECT

What happens after I’ve told someone?

After you’ve told someone about a sexual assault, it can be really helpful to contact your nearest Centre Against Sexual Assault to talk about your next step.

If the assault was recent, you will need to consider medical issues . If the assault was some time ago you might want to decide whether you want the police involved or if you would like to see a Counsellor .

Useful phone numbers

Contact a Sexual Offences and Child Abuse Unit or Sexual Crimes Squad of the Victoria Police: Call 000 and ask for the unit, or call (03) 9865 5100


If you don't want to talk to the police you can report anonymously at Sexual Assault Report Anonymously

Return to top