If you have been sexually assaulted please contact your nearest Centre Against Sexual Assault. In Victoria, phone 1800 806 292. In the rest of Australia phone 1800 RESPECT

What if the person who assaulted me is at my school?

It can be really tough if the person who assaulted you is another student at your school. If this happens, there are lots of things you might have to deal with including:

  • Feeling unsafe around the person who assaulted you
  • People at school knowing what happened
  • Worrying that people may know
  • Not being able to concentrate at school, and the effect this has on schoolwork.

It can help if some of the school teachers or staff know what happened. They can then arrange things to keep you feeling safe.

What schools can do

Schools have rules and procedures if sexual assault happens. The Student Critical Incident Advisory Unit works with Victorian state schools, so that any allegations of sexual assault are dealt with in the right way.

Schools get involved if:

  • The assault is reported at school
  • The assault happens at school
  • The assault happens on the way to or from school
  • The assault happens when a student is in the care of the school at other times, such as camp or after-school activities.

Other things that can help

If you have contacted a Centre Against Sexual Assault (CASA), your Counsellor can talk to the Student Welfare Coordinator or teachers at your school, if you would like this.

If the student who assaulted you, or their friends, are still harassing you or are threatening you, legal action can be taken. A stalking intervention order can be taken out to stop them. Your counsellor can help you apply for this.


If you don't want to talk to the police you can report anonymously at Sexual Assault Report Anonymously

Return to top